Saturday, January 25, 2014

Little feathered friend

I've been admiring these little birds outside my window for awhile now. Today was the day to finally figure out what they are, so my husband and I got out the bird books, and still couldn't find the little bugger. This is where the internet is such an asset. I typed in something along the lines of "sparrow-like  bird, white breasted" and the first link I clicked on gave us the answer: Dark Eyed Junco.

He's a sweet little guy. He mainly lives in Canada, but comes down south in the winter. My guess is for our balmy weather (we were in the teens this past week).

Anyway, here he is sitting in our peach tree.




Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, and staying warm!

1 comment:

  1. He's cute :-) I always like to find out what the birds are who visit us frequently, too.

    ReplyDelete